Monday, March 17, 2014

5th Grade- Celebrity Portraits

Being at two schools allows me to do different versions of the same lesson. One school, I am doing celebrity portraits, while the other I am doing self portraits. We will see how they turn out so I will decide which one I stick to in the future.

For this one, each student selected an image of a celebrity. We cut the image in half- preferably down the middle if possible. And glued one half to our paper. Then, using the other half or thinking in terms of symmetry (if possible) we drew the other half of the face. Students had to be precise to make the proportions and the values the same as the printed version.

Overall, I believe this project was successful. However, it would be easier if the portraits were all looking straight on, the ones that were more difficult had the celebrities faces at an angle.


No comments:

Post a Comment