Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kindergarten- Hot Dog, Cool Cat

This is the perfect/easy lesson for Kindergartners to learn about warm and cool colors.

We started by reading the book Cool Dog, School Dog. I then told the class that we are going to be making dogs and cats today. We drew the dog and cat step by step using pencils on 18 x 12 inch paper. Next, I had students trace over the eyes, nose, mouth, feet, ears, and whiskers with sharpie.
We all gathered at the carpet again and discussed warm and cool colors. Warm colors are fire colors and cool colors are ice colors. Students then colored in their cats using cool colors and their dogs using warm colors.
Our last step includes me spraying the students' artwork with warm water to make the dog and cat look fuzzy.


4 comments:

  1. Was this paint or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea. This was washable markers that were then sprayed lightly with warm water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it have to be a special kind of paper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, this was written 6 years ago, but finding this TODAY made me super happy! Love this for my kinders.

    ReplyDelete